Jackie's World

Welcome to my brain...ENJOY!

Monday, June 19, 2006

Busy Weekend...

Friday night we went out to celebrate my mom and sister's birthday. Happy 30th Valerie....and Happy ??? Mom!

Saturday night, Karen and I went out with her friend Kelley to see the band Sixteen Candles up at Austin's. http://sixteencandlesband.com/main.html

This band was unreal. I was blown away from the very first second they started playing. It didn't hurt that they started the evening off with Simple Minds "Don't you forget about me"...which was great, cuz I had just finished watching The Breakfast Club before K-Dogg came to pick me up. We only made it thought the first set, as the place was unbelievably packed. There must have been 500 people crammed into this teen-tiny space. We had so much fun dancing...I'm still hurting! Their playlist is amazing. I forgot how much I love the 80s! They are playing Cubby Bear North on June 30th if anyone is interested!

For Father's Day on Sunday, we all headed up to mom and Rob's house for dinner....and apparently to watch golf ALL DAY LONG! (ugh) Ed went down to the city to hang with his family, so I was flying solo. My dad was in town so we went to mom's and hung out with Valerie and Brian. Brian's P's and his brother were over there too. It was a nice chance for the families to hang out. Rob went all out...he made steak and shrimp...delicious! I think we all passed out super early last night. Thanks mom and Rob...it was awesome!

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We missed you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home